Saturday, March 24, 2012

Sounds from the Vegetable Kingdom

Alright, so it has been two years, life can be distracting at times. I moved away a while back from the land of trees, ed hardy, hippies, and long-boarders, to a much more suitable environment. Not to say I hate the area where I used to live, but cities are much more accommodable for me. I start my life again fresh a bloom, ready to get my listening on to the sounds of space, exotica, psychedelic, and moog, and just plain weird. I start again today, and reach for my cup of tea. Get some caffeine or some gin. Get ready to listen.

I'm gonna start with some moog music. I'll start with one of my favorites.

Mort Garson



Mort Garson was a electronic musician active from the middle sixties to the late seventies. Primerally a Moog synth composer, he brought forth some of the first Moog sounds at the time of Wendy Carlos success. The upper link brings forth a tune conceived straight from the vegetable kingdom (I know, I know, it just sounds better.). The Album Plantasia, The song I like to call Swinging Syphilis. The Lower video shows his first moog work, strange and psychedelic. Can you smell the butter burning from those moog sounds? Dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment